If you are looking for sciatica treatments that will really help with the pain while also reducing the cause of the pain, then you will want to look into a variety of options that don’t just involve taking medications. Medications are good for the short term in order to relieve your pain as well as to help reduce inflammation. However, you won’t want to take these long term and you will want to be sure that you find other options that will work to alleviate the pain while you are treating the issue at the same time.
If you want to find more ways to heal your pain that involve holistic methods rather than relying on prescription pills, then you will want to research the right holistic ways to heal your pain. Listed here are the top holistic ways to treat your sciatic pain, which will hopefully alleviate the need for sciatica surgery!
- Exercise. If you rest the entire time, then you will only likely aggravate your symptoms and make the problem worse. You actually need to move in order to alleviate your symptoms by strengthening your spine. Of course, you can’t do rigorous exercise! You need to ease into it and do easier and gentle exercises that will help heal your sciatic pain.
- Stretches and physical therapy. You will also want to do many types of stretches in order to help relieve the pain as well. You can also work with a physical therapist in order to get the right exercises that will best heal your pain as well as learn the right methods to help relieve the pain and the pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Ice and heat. You can alternate between heat and ice and can use this in order to reduce inflammation as well as using these methods to ease muscle spasms.
- Acupuncture. Another holistic method that has proven beneficial to treating sciatic pain is acupuncture. This is a method that works to relieve your pain by reducing the stress on your sciatic nerve.
- Fix your posture. You will also want to work on fixing your posture and moving around more as well. This will give you the chance to ensure that you aren’t just always slouching over your computer.
As you can see, there are many different ways that you can use in order to treat your sciatic pain. In fact, if you want to treat your sciatic pain, then you will want to try these methods first in order to alleviate the need for stronger medications (unless you are in a lot of pain.) You should always consult with your doctor before trying many therapies but these should work alongside any types of therapies that your doctor recommends.
If you want to visit a neurosurgeon in order to get a better idea of what will work best for you, then you will want to find the best. You can start by contacting the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts and can really help you find the right solutions.